Pages

Friday, April 7, 2017

Jot Magazine April Mood Board Challenge

I fell in love with the April Mood Board at Jot Magazine the minute I saw it. Probably because it's like my standard go-to colours of pink, aqua and yellow... only the super-saturated version! So I considered it something quite different for me to create with, but still within familiar territory ;-) Check it out.....



Just love those rich colours and the lush florals. But ultimately it was that handbag up in the top right that caught my eye and gave me the inspiration to create my card. I thought I could almost replicate the same sort of design in paper form, making a bit of a copy of it.


Whilst I was figuring out what I could use to make the flowers I remember the very latest bundle of Sizzix dies that had only just landed on my doorstep. One of the new releases designed by Tim Holtz is this set of Small Tattered Florals and it comes with no less that 21 different dies! It was literally perfect for cutting out all these varieties of different flowers, and in a size that was made for cardmaking!


A bit of mixing and matching later and I had glued down my final arrangement, and added some hand-stitching to bump up the texture another notch. Plus it's trying to imitate the embroidered floral design on the handbag remember?


You can find all the details for playing along with the Jot Magazine Mood Board challenge for yourself right HERE on their blog.
xx

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails