Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Bethany's 10th birthday: a layout and PL page

Late last year some of us lucky Jot Girls were given the chance to work with the lovely Make a Wish collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This collection was perfect for me - it's got all my favourite colours (pink, aqua, and yellow) and is a fun mixture of graphic prints and floral designs. It's got a bit of a birthday theme running through it, although it would be easy enough to use it for other themes too.


It was also perfect timing for me as the collection arrived at about the same time as Bethany's birthday and I quickly set to and made both a traditional 12x12" layout, as well as Project Life double spread.


I've started a bit of a tradition of creating birthday layouts where I document a mini interview with the birthday girl - asking about their favourite foods, and activities and other simple questions to try and capture this moment in time. It's fun to see how the answers evolve over the years!


For the first time I also got brave enough to let Bethany actually do the journaling herself! I thought this added an ever greater element of capturing her personality, and she loved the ability to contribute with me on a page.


Like a lot of collections these days the Make a Wish patterned papers included one that could be cut apart as 3x4" journaling cards. I love having this option and it often prompts me to create a Project Life page, even though it's not strictly a Project Life product.



So absolutely everything you see on this double-page spread comes from the same collection. There's so many different options of embellishments (wood veneer, puffy stickers, vellum ephemera, glitter enamel dots, chipboard... you name it!) that I didn't need to look in the rest of my stash to augment it in any way.



I still had plenty of stuff left over that I later created Moriah's birthday page and project life spread with it as well! If you haven't heard of Cocoa Vanilla Studio then I encourage you to pop over and check out their website and blog. They have new collections coming out all the time - and a fabulously talented Design Team to show them all off!

Happy Saturday!
Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails