Pages

Monday, May 8, 2017

Jot Magazine May Mood Board

I continue to love working with the Mood Board challenges at Jot Magazine because it pushes me to try different colour combinations and new designs that I might never have come up with by myself. Here's the latest card I've created in response to the May Mood Board which has recently gone live.


It's a quite literal interpretation of the image of the hot air balloon sailing over the top of the snowy forest below. I was really drawn to the idea of the pop of vibrant warm colours of the balloon in the midst of the cold glittery icy scene around it.


What I also love about working with these Mood Boards is that I can mix and match products in my stash without needing to stick to the one designer (which of course I need to do for much of my Creative Team work) and it allows for so many possibilities.


For this card I clearly needed a hot air balloon and so I used a stamp from the Krumspring 'Adventures Ahead' set. I embossed it with copper embossing powder and coloured it with watercolours - adding lots of layers to get the really saturated look I was after.


And the trees were cut in grey cardstock with a Sizzix die designed by Tim Holtz called 'Woodlands'. I sprayed the tops with white ink and then added lots and lots of glitter.

Last but not least I found the perfect sentiment stamp in my Neat and Tangled collection. It's part of the very popular Origami Map set.

If you're feeling as inspired as I was by the Jot Magazine May Mood Board then you can find all the details on their blog over HERE!

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails