Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Story of the Marcus Aurelius Quote

Oh yes... I did warn you didn't I about using those die-cut stars on everything lately? I adore them. And what I love most is that I just cut a whole sheet of them at once, and now I'm slowing using one chunk at a time for my layouts. Saves all that Silhouetting every single time :-)


But there's quite a few things I love about this layout actually (can I say that and get away with it?!) I adore the colour scheme for a start. I love all the muted colours but still with the rainbow of embellished chipboard squares painted with the spectrum of JBS paint dabbers.

Which contrasts nicely against all the other white embellishments like the FWAB Grace Pearl Flourish, and Imaginarium Designs clouds and feather.

The idea for this layout came from the Marcus Aurelius quote I've used here as my title. I saw it Pinned and immediately got inspired. It says "the soul becomes dyed with the colour of it's thoughts" and my brief line of journaling follows this up and says "so it's lucky all your thoughts are sunshine and happiness".

Which is true. I've scored myself one happy-go-lucky chirpy little cherub. Who just celebrated her 3rd birthday today. Happy birthday Moodles.
xx

Photobucket
Supplies:

7 comments

  1. Stunning layout!! HAve to say I love the colours and the squares....have ideas running in my head now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous lo love that feather with a little touch of paint wow so cool!!!! psttt really like your new avatar xox Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your 'baby'.....not! I LOVE that quote...gonna write it down & those colours are splendiferous......as are the stars. I can see why they'd be addictive:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! Love your layout! The colors and the details are super awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, I saw the sneak peek for this stunning layout on Louise's blog and just had to pop over and see the full version. It's just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails