Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ballet Slippers

I don't think I've ever jumped on board a challenge as quickly as I did when I whipped out this layout for the November 1st sketch at Stuck Sketches.


Although it looks a bit different from the original sketch believe me when I say I did use it as a jumping off point. Hopefully you can see the resemblance.


I was using my Summer Camp kit again from Studio Calico (see my last post for another layout using this beautiful kit.) I started off with that cloud paper, and really wanted to make it a feature on my page because I just love it so :-)


And I didn't even have to break out any of the alphas and there's three whole sets in the kit - four if you count the We R Memory Keepers paper with this alphabet on it.


Ooooh, bunting made with butterflies! Very happy :-)


In case you can't tell, I'm running very low on photos to scrap at the moment so I'm scraping the bottom of my pile while I wait for my next order to arrive.

I learned ballet as a kid, for like 7 years, and I really loved it. My Mum and Dad kept my first pair of proper ballet slippers and had them bronzed. They gave them back to me for my 21st. Isn't that thoughtful?  So I am very glad that I've scrapped this photo and preserved some of these memories so my kids can know about it too.

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous page Natalie, just adore the papers and the colours - so fresh and funky like you! Love the sweet story about the ballet slippers, what a wonderful thing to treasure and tell your girls about! Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Natalie - love the butterfly bunting and oh, I just love that cloud paper too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Natalie! Love the subject of your LO and REALLY love the butterfly bunting too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly bunting is fab!!! Beautiful page, and what a wonderful memory!! And I can definitely tell you followed the sketch!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful. The colours are so soft and what a nice sentiment it has. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO Natalie... so soft and girly!! Love the b'fly banner & pleated border... so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails