Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Count Your Blessings

One of my other scrappy resolutions for this year (apart from using my stamps more which I've previously mentioned) is to do more layouts about my feelings/emotions/thoughts/letters to my children rather than just events etc.


These beautiful papers in the WonderFall collection by Webster's Pages prompted me to do that very thing by providing me with a ready-made title that I cut from one of the papers by the same name - Count Your Blessings.


So instead of just journaling about how and why these photos were taken (which wasn't that interesting really anyway!) I wrote a little letter to Munchy reminding her to take the time to realise how very blessed she is.


I used this photo from the current Get Picky challenge as my inspiration behind the colours and elements in my layout too. See all the lovely white flowers everywhere? The silver/almost blue tones? The touch of orange (the fire)? All that texture? That's what I used!

It's difficult to see but I did do a lot of stamping on the blue cardstock behind all my elements. It's just a script stamp, and the reason you can't see it very well is because I used my Frayed Burlap Distress Ink which has blended and faded quite nicely into the background.

I'm actually quite tickled that this butterfly is upside down. I think it adds a certain amount of whimsy! It's because I trimmed this border (the butterfly included) from the top of a different paper, but wanted to add it to the bottom of this one!


This super-girly layout also allowed me to use up lots of my other flowers, and because I was adding all that extra dimension, I felt I really needed to do something about the 'flatness' of the paper flowers. So I cut each petal individually and bent and propped them up with foam dots.

Do you want to know one of my recent blessings? The vast majority of supplies at Handmade by Suzanne are on sale at the moment. I've grabbed myself some bargains!! You could too!

6 comments

  1. GORGEOUS work Natalie! Love all the layering and textures of the LO. One of my scrappy resolutions also is to incorporate more meaningful journalling onto my LOs, so can appreciate where you are coming from. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are clearly over the Websters fear...! This is amazing- love the details, texture, and above all the meaning... This will be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is truly delightful! What beautiful journaling, and I love all the textures you've added, definitely a very special layout made with lots of love and care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just popping in from the picky site.. wow so glad i did.. you have taken a lot of inspiration from the picture and designed a very beautiful and special layout!! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful :) I love the layers and the handcut elements...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful page, I adore the design too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails