Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

The Story of the Colour Purple

What is it about the colour purple that so many of us scrappers are afraid of? Before now I used to think it was because we were unsure of how to match it with other colours.


But surely the latest colour combo challenge from Scrap Friends proves that a lovely dash of purple can be the icing on the cake in an otherwise more neutral palette. How yummy does this inspiration piece look?!
Since I was a little scarce of purple products in my stash I bought up big in the Scrap Friends shop (did you know that you can search products by colour?! That makes it so easy!!) but in the end used the stunning FWAB Purple Chloe Pearl Flourish as my focus piece.


Then I concentrated on layering up lots of yellow and orange pieces on my grey background to complete the colour scheme. The idea of adding purple to my layouts came at a perfect time for me I have to say.  Just in the last couple of weeks Moodles has firmly declared that purple is her favourite colour.


You know how kids at this age can be very particular and only eat one thing, or only wear a certain outfit etc etc? Well Moodles has decided right now that everything for her needs to be purple! So not only is it purple clothes but it's purple shoes, purple food, purple paint and purple paper. You get the idea :-) I guess it makes a nice change on the traditional pink!


So if you can bear the idea of scrapping with a little purple then I would love to see your take on this eye-catching colour scheme. See all the challenge guidelines and the other beautiful DT examples here in this post. And just to inspire you even more..... here's the prize....!!!


Photobucket

Supplies:

2 comments

  1. Great layout! My youngest LOVES purple too! I love this colour combination so can't wait to give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it Natalie! Purple is one of my fav colors. Although I haven't scrapped it much lately, I find your layout comforting! You must of made that swirl??? awesome job girl! wow. Great to watch others take a step out of there coloring box LOL You did GREAT!!!

    Thanks for stopping into my blog and leaving your nice comment for me. I do appreciate it sincerely.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails