Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

The Story of Giving

Carrying on with my Polly! Scrap Kits posts this week I've got another card to share with you. Gosh, anyone would think I've turned this into a stamping and cardmaking blog with all the projects I've been posting lately. I assure you I've still been making lots of layouts which will all make it up here in good time!


What I love about this Christmas stamp set from Polly is that it's specifically designed with us Aussies in mind. No snowflakes or chestnuts or mittens to be seen... instead more relevant sentiments like "Fun, Sun and a BBQ"! Now you're not going to find saying like that on Christmas stamps anywhere else are you? LOL!


I think many of these stamps are going to be absolutely perfect for when I finally get around to working on my December journal. You may have seen my front cover tutorial on the Scrapbook Creations blog last weekend, but I'm yet to actually make any headway into filling it up. Eeekk!


But in the meantime I went to town with silver embossing those stars everywhere on this card. You know how I love stars right? Once they were embossed I used painted on some spray ink straight out of the bottle to give it a watercolour look. I also used the "Christmas is a time for Giving" sentiment to top it off.


That reminds me, I also haven't finished the Christmas shopping....
Hhhmmm.....

Photobucket

1 comments

  1. Nice! Love the stars - that stamp set is yummy - & really like the softness of the watercolour look, too:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails