Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Story of the Drink Shot

It's been hard to really call this the middle of Summer hasn't it? Cold weather, high winds, lack of sunshine.... we've even had to turn the heater on from time to time. Crazy! I have to admit I'm really looking forward to a hot weekend. I love it :-)


However, even though it might not yet look like Summer outside my window, I'm trying my hardest to allow my scrapping to transport me there already. The latest Jot Magazine Mood Board Challenge helps... it's very summery. Check it out..

And of course I absolutely MUST use my newest Kellie Stamps January release, they've been sitting on my desk begging for a workout! I've used the stamp set "Summer Fun" which I've used to create a series of embellishments around my page.


And speaking of embellishments... I am in love with the fact that the January release also included these Wood Veneer Flair. They come in both Light Wood and Dark Wood (this is the Light) and they're quite thick whilst still being lightweight which adds some great dimension to my page in contrast to the flat stamped images. 
I used the same Prima Chalk Inks to give colour to my Silhouette-cut title that I used to stamp the "Summer Fun" circle and the chevron arrows around my page. It helps give the page a bit of cohesiveness I think.


Last Summer we organised a reunion of sorts with some of my doctor friends. There were quite the group of us who went through Medical School together, and a handful of us that lived together at the same College. We're still very close although now our careers have spread us around the country and our rosters make it difficult to get together often. Nearly 10 years on since we graduated and the other thing that's changed is that many of us have started families. It was quite the juxtaposition to find ourselves catching up with the same ol' friends at the same ol' hangouts... but surrounded by our own children. The photo on this layout was taken that day and although it doesn't quite capture the story I'm telling it simply reminds me of the day and I'll let my journalling do the rest.


If the weather's nice this weekend I hope you can get some time outside to enjoy it. But if you're stuck inside then make the most of it and do something fun! With CHA about to start in California we're also hosting our own Online Crop Extravaganza at Studio Calico. There's going to be a heap of challenges, chats, fun and of course PRIZES! Here's a link to the schedule of events. It all kicks off 5pm Friday EST (which I think I've worked out is 9am Saturday morning for us Aussies) I hope to see you over there?!



Photobucket

6 comments

  1. woohoo! This is GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for playing along with my mood board. I totally LOVE what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning Page Natalie. Love the different stamps you have used. I probably should look at my stamps more often LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is beautiful Natalie. Thank you so much for playing along with us for the Mood Board challenge. KIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! It has a real summer flavour & the way you've inked up that title is just perfect.....& I'm liking the vellum, too. I'm on a vellum drive myself ATM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Gorgeous - we are the opposite to you up in Sunny QLD, it has been so HOT that the aircon has been running flat out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my WOW. Natalie this is absolutely amazing and has that summer feeling all over it, I love it and love your use of stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails