Welcome to the Studio Calico Inspires Blog Hop!
You should have arrived here from the astounding Emily Branch's blog. Wow, that girl can stamp! But if you've just happened here by chance, the full list of participants is on the Studio Calico Blog here so you can join in from the beginning and not miss a stop (and trust me... you won't want to!)
As part of this Blog Hop the Studio Calico Creative Team were asked to choose one thing out of The Underground Kits that inspired us. One thing??!! Impossible! Just look at some of the goodies I pulled out of the kits to mix and match for this one project - they're all so gorgeous!
But two of my absolute favourites have to be the Gold Color Theory Paint and Stamp Set designed by Kim Stewart that were in the Piccadilly Add On..... and possibly also those blue sequins and gold alphabet that are included too. I guess perhaps what you could say is that I'm constantly inspired by the way Studio Calico coordinate a kit so that everything works together perfectly :-)
I think this might just be the card to prove my point! Apart from the grey paper and twine, this is all from Piccadilly. I love that I don't need to think about picking products, all those difficult decisions have been made for me. I just get to concentrate on designing projects and playing with new techniques, and that's what I love most.
I stamped and white embossed those flowers onto vellum before cutting them out and popping them up with foam tape. I used the sequins to cover the otherwise visible tape, and dolloped on the gold paint as is my recent addiction. Yes, this makes me happy!
Now here's some great news that is bound to make YOU happy!!
- Firstly, Studio Calico is giving away a FREE printable to everyone who wants it! It's super cute and I can imagine this working equally well as a Project Life filler, a greeting card or a framed print. What do you reckon?
Now I really would urge as many people as possible to download this because by doing so you are automatically entered to win some MAJOR prizes! What do I mean by major? Let me break it down for you....
- Studio Calico are asking everyone to think about how they inspire you, and then start posting your 'answers' on all your social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest) using the hashtag #scinspires. The more times people use the hashtag, the bigger the prizes become (and the winners will be drawn from those who download the printable). For example,
- 100 shares of #scinspires = 1 Month Free Subscription
- 200 shares = 2 Months Free Subscription (an additional month will be added for every further 100 shares)
- 1,200 shares = 12 Months Free Subscription
- 1,300 shares = Entry into Cameo Basics Class
- 1,500 shares = $100 worth of Digital Downloads
- 2,000 shares = Silhouette Portrait
- 2,500 shares = 25 lucky winners will receive a Month Free Subscription WITH a Gold WRMK album!
- And last but not least, as part of my thankyou for stopping by my blog today I'm also giving you the opportunity to WIN your very own October Underground Scrapbook Kit! All you need to do is leave a comment here (including your SC username) and I'll draw a random winner on the 31st. Good Luck!!
PS. I also happen to have another Studio Calico giveaway running on my previous blog post ;-) Check it out here!