Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Work Complete

It's taken me a couple of days to complete the two projects I started before the weekend. Now here's the full reveal.

Firstly, this blue bucket thingy. I think I'll be storing my cotton and embroidery thread in this.







Origami flower, die-cut leaves. Eh.

And then there's this.



As previously mentioned, I want to do more scrapbook pages that are created rather than assembled if that makes any sense? I like to handmake elements and backgrounds, rather than always just cutting and pasting paper. And trust me, this one had quite a few processes involved in it.

Firstly, that background. It's calico, then tissue paper, then glue, then paint, then stencilling and masking and other details. I based it on a video tutorial that was posted recently on the Shimmerz blog for making 'fabric paper'. Then I added my own twist. Fun, fun, fun.

Then there's the felt bunting. After a few little mishaps and practice goes on how I would attach this to my page it finally came together. I mean, should I sew the bunting on it's own and then just glue it to the page, or do I sew it on directly? And as I wanted a double bunting effect (notice each little triangle is actually 2 little triangles?) this added a degree of difficulty!



And because it had a bit of a party theme, I've added these letter stickers randomly to resemble confetti, and used glitter (something I rarely do.)

I'm sure I'll be making more of these types of backgrounds in the future. Let me know if you're interested in perhaps having a bit of a tutorial on this and I'll be happy to accommodate.

1 comments

  1. would love to see the tutorial.........love the LO and the bucket as well

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails