Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Not a Chatterbox

Do you think it's cheating in a way if I use my July kit from Scrapbooking from Scratch, which was provided to me as the Guest Designer, to make one of my monthly Year in the Chair layouts? I mean, this is something I do every month for myself regardless of product, is it wrong to use the lovely Fancy Pants and My Mind's Eye kit? I hope not, because I did it already :-)


Everything on this page (apart from the Studio Calico 'June' stamp) is from the kit, and it was just perfect for my photo. Girly and fun and delicious! There's more of those banners. I'm pretty sure I used them on every one of my pages I created. You can see I layered a couple over the actual paper to create some dimension on the page. It was by pure fluke and coincidence that I had already fussy cut lots of strings of the banners, and that this one matched up with the underlying banner on the page.


And check out those Thickers too. They were just divine. Despite having two girls I hardly ever seem to buy pink alphas, but this has won me over big-time! The pale pink 'Blush' foam Thickers were just the right colour for these papers, and worked wonderfully with both the kraft and white cardstock that came in the kit.


I put my Heidi Swapp Edge Distressor to good use on this page..... and my sewing machine! There doesn't seem to be a layout that passes my desk without getting a run on the sewing machine these days. (Except ironically for a layout I did yesterday about my old sewing machine - but I'll save that for another day!)

And see the edges of the kraft cardstock? I used one of the stencils I showed you how to make in the last post and inked all around the edges. I'm not entirely sure about the end result.... but hey, it's interesting. And you know I can never leave anything well enough alone :-)

If you want to pick up one of these fabulous kits for yourself you better get your skates on because there is only one left. But don't worry, even if you miss out on this kit - check out the massive sale Peta is having on lots of the past kits at the moment. Gotta make way for CHA!

I've got one more project left to show you from my July kit. And yes, I'm saving the best for last :-)

5 comments

  1. Your girls are so cute and your layouts only emphasize the fact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the 4 banner thing you've got going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous LO, Natalie! Love the color combination, those cool banners, and that photo is adorable!!

    Hope you're having a terrific weekend, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with using your kit for your montly page of your girls - and if the best is last it must be pretty awesome. This is gorgeous.
    Love your story about no sewing on the page about the sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe your fussy-cut banner COINCIDENTALLY lines up!! I would've spent hours going for that effect!!! Gorgeous- and I love the stenciled border- and of course all the details- stitching is so fun!!! I use my machine on paper SO MUCH MORE than on fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails