Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sketchin' it Up Challenge

I am so super excited about this!

I am very lucky to be the Guest DT Member at Handmade by Suzanne's this month. HBS is a fabulous online store that recently opened up which means they are stocked to the gills with only the newest collections. But don't think for one minute that they are limited in what they carry - because they've got everything you need!

But what I'm most excited about was that I got to draw my own sketch from which all the DT members designed a page. But even better than that, this sketch is the current July challenge which means I hope to see lots and lots of people design a page from it as they enter the competition to win a HBS voucher.


Of course, I had to test out my own sketch first to make sure it was going to work :-) I used the Dear Lizzy papers and rubons which are all available in the shop here. Can you believe it? The Dear Lizzy stuff was soooooo popular at CHA and has been on my "must buy" list ever since, but it's taken me this long to finally get this lovely collection in my hands!


It's a bit hard to tell in these photos but I added some glitter to the flower centres to bling them up a bit, and I added a bit of dimension by curling up all the leaves. The title is simply one of the Pounce Phrases rub-ons layered over a punch, on a piece of cardstock, over a transparency (!)


I used my new and favourite Martha Stewart lace scallop heart punch which is available in the shop here, but HBS carries nearly 50 different Martha Stewart punches, not to mention the EK Success and Fiskars ones too so it's really like going to punch heaven!!


I drew some curly wavy lines for my journalling to mimic the lines in the Dear Lizzy paper. It reads "I love this photo of you when you're only a few days old because it captured you in the same position as when we saw you on the ultrasound at 20 weeks!"

Now here's where it gets exciting for all of you - my loyal blog readers. I'm going to use this sketch as a basis for my own July giveaway/challenge. Ok, here's what to do to play along.........................

For the Aussies....
Design a layout based on the sketch above and enter it into the HBS July Sketch Challenge. You can see the details here but basically all you need to do is upload your layout to the gallery, and make sure you label it "July Sketch." It would also be good if you noted in your layout description that you saw the sketch challenge on my blog. Once you've done that, come back here and leave me a comment telling me you've done it. The HBS winner will be a random draw and the prize is a $20 voucher. But if you're drawn as the winner at HBS and you've fulfilled all the above requirements, then I'll add another $10 onto your voucher - making it a whopping $30 to spend in the HBS shop.

For the Internationals......
Since HBS doesn't do international shipping (huge costs you see) the voucher probably isn't much good to you :-) So here's what to do instead. I'd still like to see you design a layout based on the sketch. Once you've done that upload it to your blog (or email it directly to me) and then leave a link in the comments here.

If one of my Aussie blog readers doesn't win the HBS voucher then I'll draw my own winner out of all the sketch participants who leave comments on this post (both Aussies and others!) to win a RAK from me. And the best part of this RAK will be.... you can tell me what to put in it!!! If stamps are your thing, ask for stamps. If you like alphas - tell me alphas. If you prefer chipboard, or stickers, or ink, or ribbon - let me know! Anything at all, within reason of course :-) And I'll do my best to send your favourites your way.

Does it all make sense? If it doesn't, don't hesitate to ask questions.
I can't wait to see what you're all going to create!!!

xxx

10 comments

  1. Well I don't count for this challenge coz I'm on the HBS DT, but I did love doing your sketch! (And your LO based on it.) I have already popped it up on my blog, with my LO and a link to your blog for all the stickybeaks to come and check you out! Thanks again Natalie, it was a fun sketch to do! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love your fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous sketch and a beautiful layout, Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Layouts with ultrasound pictures always tug at my heart, these tiny things growing into people is an amazing concept which you've portrayed in such a lovely manner. Can't wait to try your sketch too, not for the prize but just because it is an awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this LO!! I love the subject, your execution & of course the dear lizzy! :)
    Heading off on holiday, so won't be able to play along this time- but hope to put the sketch to use...eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is darling!! I love the whimsical journaling lines! I might even play along even though it's a dreaded ning site! That layout is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous sketch so clean and simple. I hope it is okay, I took liberty and changed it a little bit.

    Here is the link to my layout.

    http://buttonjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/07/run.html

    Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the Guest DT Natalie, it's wonderful having you as part of the HBS Team and your sketch is just gorgeous. Love your layout, you worked your magic with those papers again and the cutting out and layers are just wonderful. The photos are just so sweet and precious. Hope you enjoy your time with us at HBS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I did a layout based on your sketch Natalie and it is up over on HBS. It's called "Cockatoo" and my username is pacificgirl. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your work Natalie. I have a layout based on your sketch over at HBS - it's called 'Cockatoo'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails