Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fa La La La La

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ........
(whoops, wrong Christmas carol)


This year I plan to document a lot of the traditions and celebrations, the decorations and the festivities that make our Christmas unique. Because I think we all do it a little differently, and I know that lots of us have our own specific traditions that we follow.


For example, my Mum started her own tradition of making us kids a personalised bauble for the Christmas tree. Then as we got married she added one for our partner's name as well. And then of course the grandkids got one, and well...... now we're at the point where there's too many for the tree to bear! So instead they've become a stand-alone decoration in their own right, hung from the ceiling like a colourful chandelier.


I took this photo last year of Munchy sitting on my brothers shoulders as she tries to find "her" bauble in amongst the mass.

So when I heard the theme this week at Scrapz.biz is "Deck The Halls" and my challenge to set was "Scrap Write Now" (which is where we focus on journaling) I thought I would challenge you all to dedicate a page to the stories behind our decorations. Is there a special ornament that means a lot to you? Or do you have a family tradition when it comes to decorating your home for Christmas? If so, share it with us in the Scrapz.biz gallery by the end of January (yes you read that right) and you'll enter the draw to win a scrappy voucher. Read all the details about my challenge here.

Supplies:

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails