Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

The Story of the May Jot Mood Board

Yep, this one spoke to me. It said, "I'm bold, I'm graphic, I'm a little bit retro-chic" and so I was inspired instantly by the May Mood Board challenge at Jot Magazine.
Here's what I whipped up as my Jot Girls contribution. It's a card which is my standard these days. Firstly because I'm all into card making these days. The scrappy kind of card making I like to think. And secondly because I feel like now I need to represent all the other card makers out there. You know you can enter any kind of papery project for these challenges don't you?



The only thing I regret about this card is that I kinda forgot to use the free digital "Be positive" that Jodie from Polka Dot Creations is letting you all have. See the image in the Mood Board up there? Yep! That's what you can have for free. Some of the other Jot Girls have been ever so creative with it. Using it as a digital stamp, turning it into a cutting file - you name it! You can download your copy here.


Now when I said that I was instantly inspired by the Mood Board I'm telling the truth. What I didn't mention straight up though is that this card I submitted as my contribution wasn't my first attempt at it though. This is the one I struggled with first of all before deciding it really wasn't going to cut the mustard and starting all over again.


Love that pink bow though ;-) I made it with one of my most used favourite dies.

Come and join in with our challenge here
xx
 
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. They're both gorgeous! I love that SC paper on the bottom one......I must say, though, a Polaroid frame will ALWAYS pull at my heart strings! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous Natalie! I am admitting to having "card envy" when I spy your awesome creations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I adore both of these cards Natalie! Both are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails