Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

The Story of 28 Patterns

Before there was The 100 Day Project (check out my Instagram if you don't know what I'm talking about) I participated briefly in Julie Balzer's #28 Patterns which ran during February.
Yeah, I know, I'm really behind on my blogging ;-)


A simple concept of creating patterns with whatever method or medium you chose every day for 28 days. I find these challenges are great for diving into past supplies, stretching yourself creatively, coming up with new techniques and of course, having a bunch of fun at the same time.


To be honest, I wasn't very good at keeping up with this one. I think I only managed 2 or 3! But at least on this day I took my patterned piece of paper and actually did something with it - turning it into this retro-ish card with the addition of a couple of simple embellishments. So it became something practical for me too.


I'm still working on turning this one into a card too. I think it'll work nicely for a birthday card though don't you think?


Happy scrapping!
xx
Photobucket

1 comments

  1. Very nice! I saw one of your layouts in one of the Somerset Magazine Publications! Always like your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails