Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Studio Calico October Story Board Kits

Oh wow! I can't tell you how long it's been since I created some good ol' 12x12" traditional layouts! And to be honest I was a little worried how I would go when I got the Studio Calico October Scrapbook Kit in my hands, but as it turns out - it totally revived my mojo!


 Let me show you what I've made with the Story Board Main Kit...


Like always, when I feel like I need to 'ease back' into something then I'll start off with some methods that I know will work. For me right now that's about using giant photos and then adding a little cluster of embellishments around the edges.


The colours in this kit are so warm and vibrant and of course have quite an Autumnal feel about them. To make it even more obvious I decided to use THIS digital cutting file to create my title.


I especially love those pops of bright magenta/purple/autumn red, and then the little sprinkle of golden yellow too. 


Funnily enough there's also a lot of heart and love-type embellishments running through this Main Kit (enough that you could almost mistake it for a February kit!) but which is ok because I've always got use for pink and red hearts!


Those rubber hearts are fabulous and I had to resist every urge to hoard them. In fact, I'm making a conscious effort to abandon any idea of 'saving them for something special' and to use them all up instead!


So they were pretty much the inspiration for this whole layout and I used them as a template for my photos and the papers too. It's a simple grid-like approach for my page design but again, I guess I'm just sticking to the things I know!


Now just in case you were thinking that the Main Kit was all pink and girly I would have to respectfully disagree ;-) In fact, I think there's probably more cooler blue tones than the pink/purple and I picked lots of them out for this layout I made for the Scrapbook Kit Workshop (I can't show you the whole thing.. just a sneak!)

 photo Good-Vibes-Only-detail-2.jpg

And lastly can I just share that I also made a card? Like seriously, all this is ONLY with the Main Kit, plus a few of the digital printables (such as this one) and I reckon I've only killed about half of the kit so far. It's chocka block friends! 


So once again I rifled through and pulled out some of the love-themed bits so that I could throw together this engagement party card at the last minute. But it kinda works don't you think?!


I'm going to be back later on in the month on the Studio Calico blog sharing a video tutorial for yet another layout I'll be making with this kit, and I'll also be back real soon with my contribution to the Studio Calico World Cardmaking Day challenges (yes there are PRIZES!)



PS. Community service announcement... I only just found out there's a Vintage Studio Calico section to their shop at the moment and it's full of some very classic old SC stuff like this ampersand washi tape. Check it out HERE.

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails