Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Magpie Layout

A little while ago I was lucky enough to win myself a kit from The Magpie Club. It was filled with some lovely Crate Paper Season collection, with a bit of American Craft and Pebbles Inc papers, and some Lily Bee embellishments.


I added a few random things like a brown paper bag, some notepaper, ticket stubs and paint, but all of the main elements on this page came straight from the kit. What I loved dearly were the sequins that came in the kit! If you look closely you can see I've scattered them in with the paint splatters.


I took a layout by Jana Eubank as my inspiration. I looked at her layout (which you can see here), turned it into a sketch and then made my own. Since I did this while my sewing machine wasn't working, I had to do some hand-stitching. I am less than thrilled with the results. But the good news is that my fantastically understanding and supportive Man went out and bought me a new sewing machine! Yay!! I have already put it to good use on 2 layouts. That's what a sewing machine is for isn't it?


And who says scrapbooking should be just about capturing the important moments? I want to remember the everyday things that happen that we're much more likely to forget in the future. With that in mind, I've dedicated this layout to capturing this phase Munchy seems to be going through where she wants to eat Vegemite on everything! She would eat Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea if we let her. We almost have to buy it in those big catering jars! And no one else eats it - just her.

Does anyone else have kids who just get stuck on eating the one thing over and over?

Stop to leave me a comment (if you want!!) and then head straight on over to the ARTastic Challenge Blog right now. It's their 1st birthday celebrations this month and there is a TONNE of prizes to be won - over $300 worth in fact. There are lots of challenges, quizzes and competitions so it's lots of fun too. I'll see you over there because that's where I'm going too :-)

4 comments

  1. This is fabulous! I LOVE the sequins in the paint- and your handstitching is great. You'll look back and remember- that's when the old machine died...! :) Hooray for the new one- looking forward to seeing those lo's too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the sequins looks fantastic!! My DD would eat cereal for breakfast, lunch AND tea (... umm, sometimes she does too) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a unique LO! It is great! I'm glad you had some of the journaling in English because I really wanted to know what was going on here!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love how this is structured but has such an arty freeform flair! lovelly layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails