Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Peek a Boo

As you know (especially since I just mentioned it yesterday!) I very much believe in journaling on my pages. I'm all for telling the story of the photos, recording the funny things my kids say and do, or just writing down my thoughts and feelings. That's why I love The Story Matters - well the name says it all hey?


They had "Sketch Week" earlier this month. Check out this for a sketch to work with!.........


I'm aware some people might find it a little overwhelming but I instantly LOVED it!! Maybe because it was designed by Megan Klauer and I just adore her and her work or maybe because it just spoke to me. It instantly inspired me, and although my layout turned out more like a 'standard' grid-design, this is where it all began.


It helped that I was working with the delightful Upcycle collection by Cosmo Cricket for HBS this month because the colours and designs are just my thing. And they suited my photos to a tee!


I like adding lots of texture and dimension to my pages too, so everything had to be embellished :-) Like these new bottlecaps from HBS for example - I filled it with some LilyBee chipboard, added a flower and sequin and filled it with Glossy Accents to seal it all in.


Crazy funny photos of my girls playing hide-and-seek. Too adorable to resist scrapping!

3 comments

  1. Hi Natalie..Congrats for your DT team!!!
    I just love evrything in here!!!
    I love all your LO..you do amazing job with your journaling..I love that!!!.
    I'm your follower now..so I wil came always.
    I'm from Brazil and I love to make friends allover the world.
    Sorry my por english....but I hope you understand!!
    Hugs
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page and lovely details everywhere.
    I'm big on journaling as well!
    Love what you did with the bottle cap! Stunning really!!

    TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - all of the details on this page are amazing! Love those colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails