Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Comfort measures

The new challenge at These are a Few of my Favourite Things is all about our favourite toys. As usual I decided to do a layout not about my own favourite toys, but about one of my daughter's favourite toys instead. And then I found out this also fits the current prompt at Scrap That Baby (thanks Gina) Yay! A new challenge blog for me :-)


So this is the story of Moodle's Doo-Rabbit.

In fact, it actually started long ago (hhhmmm, about 3 years ago!) when Munchy was given a teddy-bear called Kaloo (it's really the manufacturer's name, but for lack of imagination it became the teddy's name) and she loves it. She loved it as a baby, she loved it as a toddler, she still loves it now.


In fact, it became so synonomous with Munchy that when Moodle was born, both sets of grandparents thought that it was only fair that she get one too. So she's kinda got two (I say kinda, because one isn't a Kaloo - it's just in the same style). And keeping with the theme, it doesn't have a name either. We just distinguish them by calling one a Kaloo Bear and the other Kaloo Rabbit (or Doo-bear and Doo-rabbit)


In the greater scheme of things I've made this layout about how Moodle has always been one who has enjoyed her comfort measures. She was swaddled longer than Munchy, she was given a dummy earlier than Munchy, she was given her Doo-Rabbit much earlier too. Maybe that's also a product of second-round parenting - we're a bit more relaxed about the 'rules'.


All of the products on this layout (apart from the alphas and the banner sticker) are actually digital elements that I've printed out. They're from Kitschy Digitals - I just love Danielle Thompson's style, and I credit her alone with turning me onto hybrid scrapping. I'm certainly not about to venture into the world of digital scrapping (yet?), but I am enjoying the hybrid side of life.

:-)

PS. If you get in really quick, there's actually a blog-hop happening at the moment starting at Jessica Sprague's. That's where I buy all my Kitschy Digital stuff, and right now if you hurry, you can go on the blog-hop and download some free digital goodies at every single stop (that's 33!!!!), including a mini-kit at Kitschy Digitals. But it ends Sunday night (their time) so you better go and do it right now!

14 comments

  1. What a SWEET story!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this Natalie!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo, the circle under the flowers...and loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the wood grain!! WOW WOW WOW!! LOVE IT!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Natalie. And hybrid, wow, didn't think any of that was digital at all. Such a neat story too, and oh how I can relate to the second round of parenting. Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to share all these things with us and you have given me so many wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the LO and the pic is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! This is the same challenge right now for Scrap that baby challenge blog too. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! Thanks for joining us at scrap that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! I'm so impressed with the way you've incorporated your hybrid elements- haven't made that leap myself.... And DANG I'd hoped to make it to more of the blogs for the fun kits, but I was too late!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that story, so sweet!! And I love your LO, those flowers are gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with us at These Are A Few!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love drooling over the KD stuff! You have taken it all above and beyond! Love the dancing of the flowers across the page

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layout. The story is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great layout love all the flowers and the great story to go along with it

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I love that flowery wave that treasure the photo. Really beatiful and tender page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your layout!! And I adore the story that goes along with it! So sweet..
    I'm also a big fan of Kitschy Digitals and I love your blog background!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fave Things!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally adorable page! Love all the flowers & that sweet photo! Thanks for joining us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout!What a lovely, sweet photo and I love the story to go with it!
    Loving your title and design!It's gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for joining us again at Fave Things!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails