Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Inspired

I'm just scraping in, with only hours to go on the current Etsy Inspired Challenge.
Out of all the beautiful pendants from Sunshyne Silverware, I chose the colours out of this one to base my card on.


And I ended up making this simple but striking card:


I feel justified in saying that above comment because I totally lifted the design from my friend Karen B and her card here. And I think if you're going to lift someone's card design then you really should chose someone who just made the top 20 in the Papercrafts Connection Gallery Idol competition! Congrats Karen!!

But I'll tell you someone who's not just scraping in, and that's Kelly (one of my fellow DT-ers from the XOXO Girls). Can you believe she has already entered a layout for my Jolly June Yellow Challenge!! I only posted in yesterday!! Here's what she's done:


Great work Kelly - you're amazing :-)

You can see all the deets for the challenge on the post below. Or click here to take you straight there if you're reading this in Google.

5 comments

  1. Your card makes me smile, your kind words warm my heart.

    Great design and colors! And way to go to Kelly, it IS a fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying my LO is great! I am going to be a busy girl the next few weeks, so I felt like I really wanted to do the challenge quickly! That's how I roll when I really want to do something... :-) I, however, did NOT do the Etsy inspired this week. I hit or miss with that one. I did win a cool print a few weeks ago on that one, though! Good luck with your entry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! I like how you drew inspiration from your inspired piece! It's fun and funky!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInsipred this week!

    Love Kelly's layuot too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are beautiful. Love that card too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made Karen's card totally your own! Nicely done! And I'm SOOOOO excited that she's a finalist too!!
    And holy guacamole- totally impressed that you've already got a happy yellow lo submitted! You inspire MANY! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails