Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cybercrop Weekend

ETA - better photos of the layouts and cards. I've kept them in their natural environment, leaving the background in the photos to give you a sneak peak into the antique wonderland which is my parents house :)

It's been a bit of a cybercrop party weekend it seems, with at least two forums that I know about throwing out challenges all weekend. And here I've been, away from home (and my scrapbook supplies) for my sisters baby shower.

But lucky for me my mum (who does absolutely no scrapbooking at all) has a craft room full of scrapbook supplies that would rival my own. Seriously! So I was able to quickly shuffle some paper around and play along with a few of the challenges that Shimelle was posting every 2 hours! However, what I didn't have was access to was a digital camera I knew how to use, or photoshop which I find pretty essential these days. But since these projects have to be posted today, you'll have to put up with the blurry, dark, uncropped version until I can get home and fix them all up for you.

(I also can't get Blogger to cooperate with me, so these following challenges aren't going to be in thier proper order - sorry)

Challenge 1 - Scrapping Cupcakes


Of course, it's obvious that Shimelle loves cupcakes, but it's not an element that I have scrapped... well.... ever - but this quick card was so much fun!! I freehand cut the shapes, and folded up the blue paper to resemble the cupcake wrapper, and that was pretty much it. Fun and easy and looks pretty cute :)

Challenge (I lost count) - Your favourite layout

This is my latest favourite layout I guess (it's a bit hard to pick just one isn't it?) And although I'm not sure I would say this is my best layout, it does hold sentimental value because it's got all the elements on it that I currently love such as bunting, paint, handwriting, glimmermist, border-punch, Jillibean's corrugated alphas and some good old photoshop action. And it's what won me a Guest DT spot at The Creative Type which was a huge privledge for me.

Challenge 4 - Scrapping with American Crafts
Didn't have to use American Crafts (thank goodness, because my mum only has a very limited supply of that. I think I found two pages) But simply had to make a layout using a background of four patterned paper sqaures.


So mine has 2 sqaures of Kaisercraft, 1 GCD Studios and 1 Fancy Pants as background squares. Then used mostly Basic Grey embellishments. What a mish-mash!!

And yep - that really is a baby picture of me. Wasn't I cute?!

Challenge 7 - Scrapping with Cosmo Cricket

Again, I'm very lucky we didn't have to use Cosmo Cricket because I couldn't find any of that at mum's, even though it's one of my most favourite manufacturer's ever!!


This was actually a scraplift challenge, and Shimelle posted no less than four layouts to choose from to lift. I ended up going with the last one and used her row of circle embellishments as the basis for this card. Mum was in need of a sympathy card, so that's what this became.


Challenge 2 - Scrapping with woodgrain

Was not actually about scrapping with woodgrain at all (!) but about the super-awesome layout she posted that we were to use as a sketch to base our own layout on. There were (imaginary) bonus points for using woodgrain, but unfortunately that was not something readily available in my mum's stash..... unlike my own.....


Big picture, taking up about half the page. A bit of handwritten journalling, and a long title with mixed alphas were the essence of the sketch. This is a picture of the farmhouse I grew up in, and where I currently am. Still love the feeling of 'coming home' even though I haven't lived here for 11 years and have since gotton married and had two children and lived in about 5 different places since then.

Challenge 3 - Scrapping with Bunting
Well, I don't need to tell you that this is one of my staple embellishments these days. Loving the bunting craze. Just loving it!


So I just quickly made up this cute little card. Covered it with bunting. And called it a day!

1 comments

  1. Such stunning creations!! Well done with them all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails